About the Shell's

My photo
Ron and Joyce live in the Santa Clarita Valley approximately 25 miles north of Los Angeles. We have 3 children (Shawn, Brent, and Stephanie) and 9 grandchildren (Jacob, Jesse, Paige, Jenna, Noah, Bracken, Camden, Shanna, and Ainsley).

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Long lost relatives share great news

Earlier this week I connected with my aunt Polly who I hadn't heard from in a few years. She's a young 80 years old, the youngest in my dad’s family of 16 children. She had emailed me several years ago but for whatever reason I had lost her email address. She mentioned that she would be seeing my uncle Carl today at his Baptism. Carl is 86 years old and somehow couldn't remember if he had been baptized or not. A search for records of his baptism turned up nothing. So my uncle decided that regardless if he had been baptized or not he was going to make it happen. Today, in the presence of family and friends, Carl Quinton Shell was baptized by Pastor Bob Shoffner. Pictured here from left to right: his son Phil, daughter's Sara and Carla, wife Nina, my uncle Carl, Senior Pastor Bob Shoffner and Pastor Brian Ballard. This is a record of that special day.

More about my dad's siblings... Of the 16 children, 11 grew to maturity, and 2 remain today. Pictured below are my uncle Carl, and my aunt Polly. Several have mentioned that I look a lot like my uncle Carl; maybe it's the hairline or lack thereof and the moustache, you be the judge. My aunt Polly is an award winning artist. Sparked by a Christmas gift of paints, brushes, a stack of canvases and a request "paint me a picture" from her daughter Donna, she began painting 13 years ago at the young age of 67. See her work at: http://www.oldeenglishart.com/ (Lee Skipper).

1 comment:

Jeff Dahlberg said...

Thanks for the pics Dad! Polly's art work is really neat to see. Shawn